Monday, November 07, 2005

Silencing the Alarm

So I definitely slept through the alarms on my phone as well as my alarm clock. It is not like I heard the alarm and chose to ignore it or got up and turned it off. And no, neither of the alarms were set wrong or for P.M. I highly doubt both devices just happened to malfunction at the same random point in time. I think both alarms did go off according to the time set, however, the question is how they got turned off. Now some alarms go off for so long and then quit. Being that I was woken up (by my roommate) only an hour after the time set, I’m going to rule out this possibility. Once again, then who turned them off? Sam was at class, leaving only me in the room. Every time I try to rack my brain of any recollection of me getting up to turn off either alarm, I fail miserably. I have no such memory. How does this happen. If I were a warrior princess I could have been captured in my sleep and I would have never made a mere squeal because my senses were dulled to such a great extreme. Severe frustration! So, without being conscious of it, I apparently got out of bed and switched off two alarms, each fifteen minutes apart.

It seems as if my body, unbeknown to me, refused to let my brain become aware of this daily disturbance. Why should such a thing occur? My body insisting on curtailing this sleep deprivation? I mean anyone can go without sleep for a little while, before their body begins to wear down. I never felt sick or even that tired. In this case it seems as if my body just quit, just up and said “no”, regardless of my intentions. How must I gain control of such an unconscious domain? I guess simplistically speaking, I know I’m not getting enough sleep if my brain never becomes aware of the alarms going off or of my body actually getting up to turn them off.

It all comes down to the fact that I’m mortal; all efforts are in vain. I have no chouce but to submit.


oh, by the by, why must i without any intention never fail to screw with the hearts and minds of little boys?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwa haha

Foolish mortal!